Revision of Carpel tunnel

Posted , 3 users are following.

After 20 odd years I am haivng my carpel tunnel revised on 28th Sept. Has anyone else had a revision? I'm in the UK. how long did you have to take off of work? Surgeon said at last consultation 6 weeks, but I get one week sick leave, paid by my company so was planning to use the rest of my leave for a couple of weeks off. It is my dominant hand and I am an office manager. so using computers most of the day. 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

What do you mean by "revised"?

Do you mean an ordinary carpal tunnel release (surgery)? Or do you mean a re-operation, a second one?

Anyway. It's 4 years (5?), time flies, can't keep track of it, and I must say I'm pleased I went through surgery. I'd say I'm 90-100% back to normal, before cts. I know what to totally avoid: playstation and pc:s with small keyboards, and cold weather plus keeping the wrists in akward extreme positions.

My advice: start to move and use your fingers as soon as possible after surgery! And if the bandage seems to be too tight so your fingers get numb, don't hesitate to tell them. Avoid heavier lifts for three-four weeks. Good luck!

• Posted

Have you had your thyroid levels checked? If no please have this done. Simple blood test. If you have low thyroid this could be causing your carpal tunnel.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.