Rheumatiod Arthritis

Posted , 8 users are following.

Some sensitivity, 2nd degree burn.

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Sorry i didbnt write the whole thing. I hmwas badley sunburnt 8 days ago, hasnt healed and has become infected. Its all blisteres and gross. Just wanna warn people to put sun screen on!! Has this happened to anyone else?

Cheers Ebonyrose

• Posted

RAmeds make you more susceptible to burning, read the brochures that come with the meds!
    • Posted

It is a side effect from RA med school but in some people the Rheumatoid Disease also increases sun sensitivity all by itself. Even before methotrexate I discovered that after 20 or 30 minutes sitting in the sun that my cheeks were uncomfortably pink and then peeled. ***sigh*** Especially since I am now on methotrexate, an old lady hat (my husband's joke) and sunscreen is me. Take care and I hope you health quickly

Hugs

Rita

• Posted

Yeah methotrexate has many side affects wish i knew this one. Hope my shoulders dont scar cause my arms have.

Thankyou for your reply, appreciate it!!

God bless 🤗

• Posted

I might have to get myself one of those "old lady"hats😉😉😉😉

• Posted

It's a sideffect of the meds I'm afraid. I live in Australia and for ten years in Kalgoorlie WA with summer temps over 40 degrees. Never once have I burnt but two weeks ago on our first semi warm day in Spring in Albany WA I burnt my feet through slits in my shoes! It was a good reminder to me that from now on I have to cover up better. I hope your burns heal soon, we have enough pain to deal with without sunburn too.

• Posted

Yeah i live in Australia also (NSW).yes definetely cover and put sun screan on. Im not one to ever burn so i only put a little on, wish i had of read about sun sensitivity earlier so my shoulders werent all blistered. We sure do already have enough sh*t causing us pain.

Thank you!!

God bless

• Posted

Ouch!  I have had so many sunburns in my teens and 20s and they can be so unsightly and miserable.  Thanks for the warning.    

I do wear a very big old lady hat! Ha, and pretty much cover myself head to toe b/c I have vitiligo and the white areas become so much more noticeable with the slightest sun on me.   No matter what though I still seem to tan.     I hope you heal quickly--I used to use cool moist compresses to soothe the areas burnt. Don't recall what else I used since so long ago

Take good care of yourself

• Posted

Yeah im 20 years old and have always spent my summers at the beach tanning but not now . Thankyou for ur reply. Means alot.

P.s i brought myself an old lady hat and heaps of sun screen now. I never really bought them becausw i nevee burnt.

But seeing as MTX causes sun sensitivity looks like ill be lathering myself from now on

Take care

• Posted

Hi

I am so sorry for your burn...you need urgent medical care because infection is never a good mix with rheumatoid.

Rheumatoid medications place us at high risk for sunburn...hat, SPF 50+

kind regards

• Posted

I was always told that the sunshine and warmer weather was good for arthritis and aching joints but I suppose it's in moderation and reading earlier in this post I believe you are in Australia.

Well I am Sat here in England UK and it's freezing. Can't make its mind up if it wants to rain or snow. I can't help but be a little envious of you all out there in the sun.

But burn is no laughing matter so get that old ladies hat and cover up well.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Lauraine.

• Posted

Hahah you can have this sun ill take ur cold weather until these burns heal! 😉

I too have heard this, wish is why i decided to enjoy my holiday in nelsons bay and go swiming. Lovely btw besides turning into crispy burnt bacon lol.

Stupid MTX

Thanking you for your reply, definitely asking for old lady hats for chrissy hehe

God bless x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.