Rhinitis

Posted , 3 users are following.

Has anyone else had this as a side effect of Ramipril ?  I have been on rampiril nearly 4 years but this has just started. Constant runny nose and eyes. 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Oh yes indeed, I was told it is impossible and spent a long long time on Ramipril, it developed into continuos sinus problems blocked nose and blood shot eyes plus pain (headache), behind the eyes plus a ringing noise in my head diagnosed as tinnitus without any investigations.

As time went on It would develop into spells violent pain and flashing in the eyes so I had to lay down, plus a sensitivty to fungus, (black mould). I was concerned that I may get eye damage during these sessions, on one occasion the flashing continued and I went to Eye A&E, they siad I had had a Gell Collapse.

I was desperate and the doctors always said there is nothiing wrong, with the Gel Collapse they said it didn't happen like that but it sure did, I had a fungai infection at the time too.

One night I woke up with banging noises in my head, I thought they had started pile driving at the building site at the end of the road.

That is when I searched and found Patient co uk, a member said he had similar problems and awoke one night with a noise in his head like a lorry ticking over. I printed out his post (which should still be in the discussion archive) and took it to the doctors and refused to leave until I was off Ramipril. I had already left it off for periods of 3 days and the syptoms improved. All sinus problems and sensitivity to black mould went when I was off Ramipril. I consider that it did permanent damage as my eyes and sinused are very sensitive now.

• Posted

I've been on Ramipril for a few years now and suffer,the irritating dry cough.

For the past few months this has developed into Rhinitis symptoms and now I'm constantly needing to clear my throat.

I'm seeing the doctor next week to ask if I can change the tablets.

Fingers crossed.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.