Rib waist area

Posted , 4 users are following.

When I bend forward feels as if something knots up very painful, I stretch and push down over then feel something slither down and I'm left with bruised feeling but lately it feels uncomfortable all the time as if it hasn't fully relaxed into place. It is the left side just under rib, Doctor once mentioned Fibro but that was the end of it. Anyone experience the same?

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Yes, I had that for a good few years, amongst other symptoms, not long after I had my gallbladder removed however pain still here, although comes and goes on different pain levels x
  • Posted

Hi Deni,

I'm wondering if your doctor has suggested a scan to see if you have gall bladder problems or a stone even.  It may be worth persuing, as I don't know how your GP can just mention Fibro until everything else has been ruled out.  Good luck, please let us know how you get on. x

• Posted

Hi Deni. It could also be your Spleen. Mention your symptoms to your doctor. An ultrasound or scan can determine if there is any problem that needs treatment. We have to get these symptoms checked out even if we suspect that it could be just the Fibromyalgia. There are other health conditions that can cause these unpleasant effects. When in doubt, always get it checked out. Maggie 
    • Posted

I did ask for scan but they seemed more concerned about fatty liver at the scan which I already knew about and nothing was said about this problem, the scanner didn't even seem to touch the problem area. Got appointment Tues.

• Posted

The liver is on the right hand side, so I wonder why they didn't scan the left?

• Posted

Yes that's right. The Spleen is on the left. 

• Posted

Hi Deni; No I have never felt this symptom.  Perhaps it is a good idea to have an Over-all scan, as the others have mentioned gall-bladder/liver etc; however, these organs lie on your Right side, not Left.  Perhaps even your bowel may have an issue with something as treatable as constipation ???    good luck.............Bron
    • Posted

Thanks Bronwyn, don't think there is much chance of more scans I was told if nothing found then they can't do anything about it. I have looked this up online and LOTS of people have the same but no answers. I and many others know it's a real thing and there has to be an explanation but finding it is another thing 😣 this started with me around 6 years ago as very small and painful but no after effect to today when it feels big and hurting/ aching/uncomfortable most days then knotting up when I bend. Maybe a hernia mmmm might ask on that page. Take care 😊

• Posted

This is typical, what happened to trying anything and everything to get you diagnosed and better. I feel sometimes they just dump you after a few tests, and your just left in limbo x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.