Rigid Cystoscopy Nightmare

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi all,

I have finally decided to join and post here after 6 months of agony .

I don't want to bore you all with the details , but long story short , I was supposed to be having a flexible cystoscopy , it turned out I had a rigid cystoscopy though with the consultant never mentioning this to me before the procedure.

I suspected beforehand that even a flexible cystoscopy was unnecessary as I had no pain or symptoms other than microscopic traces of blood in urine (taken from a single urine sample ).

I'm male, under 40. Since having my rigid cystoscopy 6 months ago , my life has been turned upside down . I suffered horrible pain for months in many different areas . But the pain that troubles me most and still does today is the pain in my penis. It feels like a constant burn in my urethra .

My urine doesn't come out like it used to as well and instead comes out at different angles, sprays and just feels very different to how it used to. And finally , my penis itself appears to bend when flaccid and semi rigid (but not when erect, although erections are painful) . This never used to happen before this procedure .

I'm literally losing sleep thinking there has been some damage done to me because of this needless procedure .

Has anyone else had a similar experience after a rigid cystoscopy ? I have to say I hate the word cystoscopy now after all this . I hadn't even heard of the word before going through this turmoil .

Thank you for taking the time to read my post .

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.