Ringworm?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I recently noticed an oblong shaped mark on my left side, red spots on the outside, pale inside, ignored it, then last week my skin flared up with a number of red angry marks on my torso and bust. Nowhere else on my body. The marks are different in size, some round, they look like large bites, others very red, they look like burns. They are all very itchy. After searching online I thought it might be ringworm (I look after dogs and cats) and have started to treat the marks with Lamisil anti fungal but the marks seem to be getting worse! Does anyone have any experience with ringworm? and if so does Lamisil work or can you suggest anything else to treat it?

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Edited

see a dermatologist they can take a biopsy get a diagnosis and then treatment . i have been around animals all my life and never experienced any rash from any of them including horses.

it almost sounds like shingles ..but without pics it's just a guess from your descriptions.

look up pics for different types of rashes.

• Edited

Thank you, I came to the same conclusion, the anti fungals didn't help, in fact the rash got worse and spread. I've looked after animals for a few years now and like you never had a rash before. I've googled pictures of different rashes, now think it might be hives but am hoping to see a GP today, I've sent them photos so hoping they can tell what it is or refer me to a dermatologist. Thanks again

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.