RLS

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi, I'm new to the group so be nice haha...

Anyway - after suffering R. L. S (on and off) for about a year now.... I went to my G. P yesterday and was prescribed PRAMIPEXOLE (0.088mg) tablet (ONE at Night)

It made absolutely no difference last night so hopefully better luck tonight!! X

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

what country are you in dvid?

• Posted

hi dvid, new zealand here. I was just wondering because some countries dont have the same medicines that we or you can get.  We are sunny in nz today but pretty cold, its a cold snap the last week. 
  • Posted

That's what I've been taking for about 10 years now and it works perfectly. Naturally, I've had to adjust the dose 3 times during this period. I started with 0.125mg and at the moment 0,375mg does the job. But I have to remember to take it no later than 7pm but it takes a while to kick in.

• Posted

* BECAUSE it takes a while to kick in.
  • Posted

dvid,

You have walked in to a very complicated condition that can be very difficult to treat. Everyone is different. (I have had RLS for many years.)

First, I suggest that you go to www.RLS.org (RLS Foundation). [/b]To get full access to everything they offer you must join. I have been a member for many years. They are wonderful people, and help both patients and doctors.

Second, you must educate yourself on all the different meds. Be aware of "augmentation". Many doctors are not aware that meds can sooner-or-later make your RLS much worse. (Opioids don't do this, but of course they are very controversial these days.)

Another thing you must learn about is your "ferritin iron level". Many doctors do not routinely test for this. People with RLS need their ferritin levels to be much higher (100+) than those without RLS (35). The RLS Foundation has lots of info about this.

A good doctor can be hard to find. I suggest you consider doctors that specialize in sleep medicine, neurology, respiratory therapists, even allergy doctors sometimes take an interest in this.

May God bless you.

• Posted

I take small dose of SIFROL and it also needs about 2-3 hours  to kick in and then I sleep 7-8 hours
  • Posted

It won't make any difference! Nothing works. No meds for it except maybe morphine. Just gotta live with it. I'm in same boat.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.