RLS or something else?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello everyone! I have been having problems with my legs the past two years now. I get bad aching legs quite chronically. Yes i get them at night quite often but it also happens during the day. The pains that I get are aches not cramps and this is why im confused. I often toss and turn at night moving my legs and also try to relieve the pain by putting a pillow between my legs.

The pain reminds me of pain i had as a child in which i was told it was growing pains. My legs ached the exact same way they did back then. I am a former athlete. what could it be?

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I have RLS and I would not describe it as aches in the legs, I would say it is not being able to keep your legs from kicking and moving all night. Medication helps if this is your problem. Otherwise the dr. may have some other solution, I do hope it is an easier solution than RLS!

• Posted

have you ever found liquid forms of iron to help with this rls. i did at one time,

• Posted

No I have not tried that yet but I am about to get my Vitamin levels checked soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.