Rocking on a boat sensation for 4 weeks now! Help and about to go on an overseas trip so scared!

Posted , 1 user is following.

I had a stressful time at work 4 weeks ago where i suddenly had a ridiculous amount of due projects. Right this ended, i got this rocking on a boat sensation which made me not able to look at my computer screen or sit for ages. I had to take work off. It's now four weeks later and j still have exactly the same feeling of a rocking on a boat sensation - its horrible! and im getting on a 14 hour flight in 2 weeks and scared ill make it worse

symptoms are:

• feels like my body is swaying or moving back and forth
  • bad jaw and neck pain (literally felt like i have a tooth infection at the back where the jaw joint is)
  • a sweet taste in my mouth?
  • worse rocking after stress or end of day
  • bad stomach diarrhea etc (which ive had all my life my gastro said a fee years ago i have BAM) but lately its been worse than normal

ive suffered from TMJ and reflux and BAM for over 7 years now, could either of these cause it?

currently in the last four weeks, ive been to the GP and gotten my bloods done and ECG ( i have a high resting heart rate and tacychardia) and they are fine and normal. I've been to an ENT who said he thinks its a vestibular migraine (but i dont have any of the nausea or spinning sensatioms with a VM?) and he wants me to get an MRI but i have bad health anxiety and im so scared to get one and make a fuss of this.

please help has anyone had this feeling and could it be caused by any of my previous symptoms?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.