Roeascsa

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have had this for bout a month and a half it took over my life from havein really good skin to red all over rushed and bumps I on Clarithromycin for 3 months and I just got dermaquest spf 30. To put on every day before going out side it took a big effect on me I so depressed with it it horribly 

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Charlotte I really sympathise with you. You could try Soolantra cream if your gp agrees.  Rosacea is linked to an over proliferation of demodex  mite in the facial skin and Ivermectin, the active ingredient in Soolantra, kills them. Lots of people are having good results with it and If you’re in the uk you may find that is the first line treatment in your area  - it is in mine. Good luck
    • Posted

Hi Hun yea I been using it once a day it seem to be helping a little but I have these rushs on face not sure if it the tablets I’m taking I just feel like I lost my self I had good skin and now I look so different I no I just have to learn to live with it but at the min I can’t cope I 30 with 3 kids and feel like my life is over I’m scared to eat just in case it get so red . And now the red spots r coming up one goes more come up 😌

• Posted

I really feel for you as I’ve been at that stage too but it will improve it just takes time. Keep up with the treatment or if those particular antibiotics don’t seem to be working ask to switch to something else. I had doxycycline first but they didn’t work whereas Oxytetracycline did.  I don’t get s lot of flushing but when I did get it I found that Metronidazole cream really helped - stopped it in its tracks. Hope you feel better soon.  I’m finding the Soolantra has dramatically improved my skin except I now get mild acne type spots on my chin whereas it was. clear before - strange but manageable so I’m not complaining 
    • Posted

Thank u just I actually thought bout killing my self it been so bad feel like this is me forever and I can’t handle it don’t no we’re to turn any more and going work even out my house is so hard 
  • Posted

Please try not to think like that . Your children need you and although it seems bad just now it will get better with the right treatment.  Go and talk to your GP and let them know how bad you are feeling as you may need some medication/counselling to help with your depression.  The GP could also refer you to a dermatologist too. Have you looked up Roaccutane? Strong stuff but I had it for acne when I was younger and it worked well with very few side effects and is supposed to help with mod to severe rosacea .  How long have you been on the antibiotics?  If it’s been 3months or more without improvement then it’s definitely worth asking for a different one. Good luck. I really wish you well
  • Posted

Hey only a months been on tablets and today I just found out I’m having a baby which is the worst thing ever rite now 😞

• Posted

Hi Charlotte, like you, I had a fantastic skin and then suddenly, at the ripe age of 61 I got terrible deep red patches on my face.  My dermatologist put me on a low grade antibiotic for 3 months and I had to apply Skinoren on the redness.  My skin cleared up!  I used the Skinoren for over a year and still use it at night if I see any redness.  I have had to change my entire skincare (I used to use natural products) and use the La Roche Posay Rosaliac range now, which is really good.  I also use the Vichy Dermablend foundation which, although not heavy, gives good coverage.  Avoid hot baths and hot foods like curry.  Don't despair, your skin will improve, you'll have to make some adjustments and don't stay in the sun without sun protection.  Let us know how you get on and take care,  Stefania

• Posted

Thanks u just nice to know I’m not the only one family don’t understand much just not i find out I’m expecting a baby now I’m thinking it going to get so bad just one thing after another. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.