Salivary stone under tongue

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have a blocked salivary stone under my tongue for the last 10 days have some to my gp who has refused to treat with antibiotics as they say they are not licensed to do so but they gave them to me a few months prior! Can anyone shed any light on the symptoms I will get I can see the stone under my tongue the pain comes and go but it affects the whole of my mouth I take 2 paracetamol and the pain goes away anyone else had the same thing?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Yes I had a salivary gland stone you should try sucking sherbet lemons to increase the saliva and it might come out.It usually gets painful if the saliva gets blocked by the stone and you may get swelling and pus due to infection coming into your mouth.I used to get strong antibiotics from the doctor but the infection and pain got so bad I got my salivary gland removed.Ask for a referral to ENT .I know its a bad time to get an appt but if its causing you a lot of discomfort you need to get seen.Sometime s the stone just pops out the duct but if you have one you may have others .Also a good mouth wash and dental care.Hope this helpstake care.

• Posted

I have tried a sherbet lemon doesnt seem to do much I did have an ENT app but obviously it's been cancelled due to this virus going around can I ask did yours cause you pain in your teeth?

• Posted

Yes I did get toothache type pain. If it does not move it will eventually get infected so they will give you antibiotics I used to get co-amoxyclav it settled it down used to get swelling around my neck area I did have it on and off for a couple of years but due to infection I got my submandibular gland removed as I had a large stone in it.Hopefully yours will resolve by itself.take care.

• Posted

yes it comes and goes and that's what happened last time I had it was prescribed antibiotics but the doctors are now saying they are not licensed to prescribe antibiotics for mouth issues. take care and thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.