Sandoz 20mg Omeprazole

Posted , 1 user is following.

I have used Omeprazole for many years and up until a couple if years ago had no problem, this was when I stopped getting the yellow capsules and started getting different makes. Collected my new repeat prescription just after Christmas which included Sandoz Omeprazole. Like most people my problem is affected by what I eat, so cutting back on food and doing a dry January i assumed that heartburn would be the last thing i would suffer, but it has been particularly bad. Someone has told me that the Pharmacist would sometimes orders cheaper brands to save money and if thats the case these are the less effective capsules I have had and because of this i am requesting that my GP double my dose. Surely doing this is counter productive and another case of no joined up thinking. i have spoken to a few friends who also take this drug and agree that some are more effective that others. I am not a compainer but I wondered whether i should make the pharmacist aware of this problem

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.