Sandy

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi ive been on pregabalin for 9 mths 200 mils daily doc weaned me of at 50 mils for a week then 50 mils for another week 50 mils 3 wks then down to 25 then off it was realy bad off 5 weeks then reinstared at 25 mls 3 weeks ago dont want to be on it please help

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sandra

Can i ask why you don't want to be on Pregabilin. Are you on it for pain or anxiety.

Elizabeth

• Posted

both but dont like the side affects on it im scared of the drug for what can happen with it in the future i think the doc weaned me off to fast 50 mls at a time now im left with stomach and chest pain started back at 25 twice a day been on 9 days today starting 50 twice a day also on 100 mls sertraline dont no which ones causing my pains thanks for answering Sandra

• Posted

I am sorry to hear of the side effects your having.

I asked because i am also on Pregabalin myself. I take it for Neuropathic pain. I find the only side effect is weight gain. I have to be very strict with my diet, only allowing the odd treat. I don't take my full dose and manage on two a day instead of three.

Can the GP not try you on anything else.

I hope you get sorted in the future.

Elizabeth

• Posted

im hoping the side affect wear off when when i get stabilised i think thyre from comming off it for 5 weeks thats when the trouble started i dont like the drug but doc says i need what dose have you stabilised on thanks Sandra

• Posted

its very good for pain every ones different what doseage are you on i was on 200 a day Sandra

• Posted

I am on 50mg 3 times a day, 150 in total. In truth i usually only take 2 a day. I think this is a low dose. I have never had chest pains. Have you thought it could be the Sertraline.

• Posted

Hiya am just new to this . I was on 600mg of pregabalin years ago n weaned myself down to 100mg . I had been off them for 3 weeks altogether n started to feel terrible really weird av had to go back on them . This is the most dangerous drug ever . I wish I had never took them . I take them for fibromyalgia xx

• Posted

i was on 200 mils of pregabblin i weaned down was off them 5 wks felt to bad im back on 200 im going to try agsin later when i feel better for a while im also on 100 mils of sertraline thought that might have helped when i came off pregabalin but it didnt awfull drug to get off dont no how people do it x

• Posted

did you do the 10 percent drop im trying that next time i came off at 50 percent a week for 3 wks then off by the doc far to fast ill try and get in touch with an organisation that will help me throuhj it as well as the doc also hoping to get off sertraline the same way im on it for anxiety depression low mood hope you manage it next time round Sandra

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.