Scabies how I got rid of

Posted , 3 users are following.

Sharing in the hopes I can help someone else. I picked up scabies at work. My 2 colleagues who also had it before me were able to cure after first treatment. Mine persisted after 4 treatments, each done once a week where after a shower, I was applying the cream for the recommended 14 hrs then washing off. I also tried all sorts of essential oils and what not. After this didn’t work, I then changed the permethrin lotion to a different brand cream. I waited until my skin was cool before applying as prior times my skin was still warm & I read that that can affect absorption. I then applied a layer all over. Waited 24hr & washed off. And then immediately when skin was cool, applied another layer & left for another 24h. This seemed to have some effect, I repeated this after 7 days (2 treatments 24 hrs apart) and they did not return. I was so relieved and hope everyone suffering from this incredibly horrible affliction can find a similar cure. I spent so much time on forums searching for cures and this is where I found the regime described above.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I am glad that this approach worked well for you. Would you mind sharing which brand of cream you switched to with good results?

• Posted

Pease help us out, what brand of the cream did the trick? Thank You.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.