Scabies making me ill?

Posted , 1 user is following.

I was diagnosed with scabies two weeks ago. I was feeling very ill for 4 weeks before diagnosis. The rash is drying out after using two x permethrim treatment. I still feel very unwell, lethargic, nauseous and generally very sick. I'm struggling to get out of bed some days. So I've been ill for nearly 6 weeks now. I've had blood tests which have all come back normal. Has anyone else felt this ill with scabies? I'm worried about being off work for this amount of time but I have no energy at the moment so couldn't return to work. I had no other health issues prior to scabies.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.