Scabies Mites? Microscope Images

Posted , 1 user is following.

I have been dealing with a very itchy rash that is most itchy at night. It has bumps and redness between the bumps. While some lesions have stayed a while, I have experienced new ones that come and go.

I had a telehealth a few weeks ago and the dr gave me permethrin to treat potential scabies. I have gone through 2 tubes so far, plus I used sulfur lotion and soap.

The rash continues to bother me, and I understand that symptoms can linger for a while after treatment.

However, I applied ivermectin lice cream to my skin last night to see if it would do anything, and tiny black things started to surface. I noticed this when I first used permethrin, too. I took some samples of them and put them under my microscope.

Here is what the specimens looked like under the microscope:

imageimageimage

Here is a picture of part of the rash (on my upper chest):

Does this look like scabies mites, and will they only surface like this if they are still alive?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.