Scabies regime

Posted , 1 user is following.

This is what worked for me and I am sharing in hopes it’ll help you too.

What you’ll need:

Bath tub

7 new pairs of bed sheets, pillow covers, blankets (price/material doesn’t matter) PREVENT REINFECTION

Trash bags

Baking soda 13.5lb bags (about 16)

Salt (table salt, 25-50 lb bags)

3 bags of salt and 2 bags of soda

Distilled white vinegar

House hold:

For 14 days CONSISTENTLY, you are going to want to change, and discard all bed sheets, as well as clothes (if possible, if not wash 2x in the hottest water possible). As well as disinfect your house/work area as much as possible, this includes any surface exposed skin touches, make sure to spray down in vinegar and to vacuum if you have carpet, mop for hard floors. Trash bags are a great way to manage clean up, put them over chairs, seats, ets. Make sure you’re wiping down everything, including your car seat, steering wheel, etc. Anything coming into contact with exposed skin.

Hygiene:

Prior to taking a hot bath it is important to drink cold water before hand and during to prevent overheating.

For 14 days CONSISTENTLY, you are going to want to take baths in the hottest water that you can withstand, you want to do this at least x2 a day, in each bath you should add 100 lbs of salt, and 2 large bags of baking soda (about 27 lbs of baking soda). Stay in the bath for 1-2hrs, 15 minutes minimum in the hottest water, after that warm is fine. Make sure the whole body is submerged, make sure to take time to dunk your face/head. Spray your body with vinegar 6-10 times a day, if skin is sensitive dilute vinegar a tad. Make sure to keep your eyes closed while spraying your face. If you get vinegar in your eye immediately wash.

Dermatologists can brush this off as not scabies, so be persistent. Don't be discouraged if your doctor is not helpful or supportive. If you're going to try permethrin cream or ivermectin oral medication combine it with the regimen I've outlined to maximize your fire power. Don't rely on the meds alone or you might be disappointed to find out they were not as effective as they should have been when done alone.

Again, I am not a professional, this is just the regime that I followed, that worked for me.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.