Scared of cancer

Posted , 4 users are following.

GRAPHIC PICTURE BELOW

Hey lately ive been worryung about having colon cancer. As a background i am 19 years old and i have really bad anxiety over health issues and just anxiety in general. Over the last few months ive noticed that when i poop i tend to have some that look like this and im really worried as ive read that this shape is a sign of colon cancer. I also get diarhhea from time to time. All throughout the day i here gurgling sounds in my stomach and it happens more when i eat. Over these months ive actually gained weight instead of losing it except for now because ive began to have anxiety about it and have stopped eating. I know i most likely dont have colon cancer and if i did i feel like i would be a lot more tired and sick by now. Im just really scared and the reason why im asking here is because i dont have insurance and i know that my family cant afford a colonoscopy. i know that test woukd calm my fears but idk if i can get it. ive heard of ibs and i do eat a pretty poor diet. i just dont know what to do right now. all my gp has done is feel around my stomach and tell me its nothing to worry about so maybe im juat having a hard time trusting them. Any advice would be really appreciated and sorry this post was so long. thanks.image

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Sorry that you are very worried. I hope you are doing better by now and hope you were able to get insurance to get it done cause worrying is something we all do at this present time I am scheduled to have a colonoscopy next Friday and I am extremely scared, and worried. I suffer from extreme anxiety and I know this has to be done no ifs or buts about it so I have to get it done. I hope that all works out for me. Have you gotten insurance yet, and have you done your colonoscopy if so I hope everything went well for you

• Posted

It costed me about $300 after the insurance. If you just need mind reassurance then I guess you can go for colonoscopy.

What you are thinking here might be just because of Internal Hemorrhoids .. It can change shape of stool. If you are taking any laxatives in any form it might be causing diarrhea . Try to increase your fiber contents naturally or via Meta Mucil

• Posted

hi! we have similar issues. i also have this kind of stool, alongside diarrhea for more than two months now. i also have stomach gurgling. and yes, my health anxiety is to the roof, i am also certain i have colon cancer. how are you now? im planning to visit a gastroenterologist just to calm myself down, and maybe push the doctor to perform colonoscopy just to be really sure. our family has no money too, we barely have for consultation fee, but I'm planning to tap some government assistance and so far, it's looking great. i hope you are well xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.