SCARED STIFF, FREAKING OUT!!

Posted , 5 users are following.

I'm in full blown panic mode right now. Lemme give a summary of what the last 5months has been like:

Major anxiety attack December 28th last yr, since then I've had ALL the major symptoms everyone else has. The dizziness, lump in throat, weakness, nausea etc. Then the symptoms started changing and I got new ones.

I'm a serious Hypochondriac and I have Depression and GAD plus I'm always nervous. I Google alot and so unfortunately I know the symtoms of most fatal illness. Now I'm terrified I have leukemia! I read that joint pain and red spots on the skin are main signs. I've had aches&pains for like 3months now along with head rushes, neck tension. My elbows n arms always hurt as well as my left leg. All of a sudden I look on my skin and a lot more red spots have popped up! First I had like 5tiny ones on my arm and now bigger ones are popping up on my leg. Also I worry CONSTANTLY and I've been itching alot on&off.

Before u ask I've only been to the doctor when I had the anxietyattack. Was diagnosed with GAD and did urine test, EKG. No blood tests or MRS were done and now I'm TERRIFIED to go do a blood test. I feel certain they will tell me I'm dying!!

I notice most people here only post about dizziness,numbness etc. Now I feel I'm the only one with constant aches&pain and horrible elbow pain. I'm so scared everytime I look at the red spots my heart bangs against my chest and I'm sweating&itching even more.

2months ago I donated blood, the accepted my donation. I even contacted them 2days ago n asked for info I didn't need. Just to send them digging for my record and hopefully tell me if they missed anything the last time. I feel I'm going crazy! Omg I'm terrified!!!

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Natalie,

I've been where you are so many times. It's really scary. Today I've had terrible panic all day. I spent many years as a hypochondriac.

This will pass but I know it's tough. Hang in there.

Hugs

• Posted

I wish I could believe you that I'll be fine. It's the constant dull aches, pains and the elbow pain that s ares me. No other other anxiety sufferer I know have elbow pain! Now these red spots, I'm itching so bad and I'm wondering if it's because my stress level is always high.

I'm gonna have to go to a doctor sometime this week but I'm TERRIFIED of a blood test.

Just now I curled up in bed and had a good cry. I'm so embarrassed I can't even tell anybody. How do I just call up pple and say I'm having arm pain n there are red bumps on my skin so I know I'm dying?!

• Posted

I've had those kinds of pain from my arms being held weirdly because of my anxiety. The red spots are totally common. I've had them before and asked a doctor. But my reassurance won't be enough. It's anxiety and it's tough to work through. Even though I no longer have health anxiety, I still battle anxiety regularly and it's a tough battle. You should read up on cbt and ERP and see if they would help.

Much love

• Posted

Thank you, I'm gonna go see a doc for a checkup and blood test. I swear if it turns out I really don't have cancer or I'm not dying I'm gonna try CBT therapy and anything else I can try. It's driving me mad, just now when I saw the spots I fell in a heap crying and trembling like a leaf. I can't live like this.😢
    • Posted

You need the bloodwork and the exam. It has to occur. you are not dying just  over thinking everything. Don't be embarassed. You are on the right forum to see you are not alone. You need cbt and to learn all about yourself and how you react and overthink so you can self calm yourself. Many people get rashes, hives and skin reactions from stress. When your exam is all done why dont you tell the doctor whats going on. 
    • Posted

Thank you Lisa, I will take your advice. This is getting out of hand and it makes my depression even worse. I simply cannot live like this forever, soon as I make it to the doc and have the blood tests done maybe I will feel better.
  • Posted

I have pain on the sides of my elbows. It didn't start until anxiety so now you know atleast one person who has it! Anyways, it sounds like maybe you're breaking out in a rash from stressing so much. Whenever I get anxious my wrists, forearms and ankles get bumps and rashes all over them. They drive me crazy until I just stop caring and they'll finally slow down.. Go to the doctors if you're concerned about aches and pains, but bloodwork would've showed a serious decrease in some cells and an increase in others, all of which at doctor can easily spot.. I have constant aches all over my chest and back when im anxious, which like clockwork is 4 days on, 3 days off.
    • Posted

Thank you for taking the time to reply to my post. My discomforts seem to get worse when my anxiety is high. NONE of these physical stuff was present until I got hit with a big anxiety attack. Since then nothing is the same, it's like my whole body got run over by a truck 😳

My brain is hell bent on convincing me I'm dying but another part of me knows it's Anxiety. I itch, get head rushes, popping stuffy feeling in my ears and my muscles twitch&jump randomly.

Hopefully I will get reassurance from the docs. The blood bank accepted my blood donation and told me I can donate again soon. Surely they tested my blood before giving it to people.

• Posted

Are you on meds? The fact that you said the pains come when you're most anxious is a clear sign that your doctor will not find anything. When you start getting anxious, try and take a walk, color, clean, do anything to keep your mind off of it.
  • Posted

Hi Nattalie you recognise that anxiety causes your symptons so  try and turn the negative thought into a positive one by saying " I know this is anxiety but im ok" keep saying it like affirmation I like others totally understand what you are going throug I have said it a few times STOP looking up the symptons I think the next best place for advice to the doctors is on here. nobody will tell you you have cancer, heart problems ect because as you know these are all part of the anxiety. its dammed hard because your mind is telling you otherwise but theres a little corner of the brain knowing its the fear causing and creating these problems. Ive had your symptons even the itching and yes when i went into my doctors there was a poster saying "one of the symptons" oc cancer is itching that set me off they gave me all the heart and blood tests and they were clear but this was it i must have cancer! but im going through the menapause, and stress does cause itching and your joints in your body to ache so my advice is take one negative at a time and turn it into a positive hope this helps and please stay of sites like google they do more harm than good. I also had thoughst like you in checking with the blood bank thats the sort of thing I would have thought of doing so you are not alone my love 

• Posted

Hun you are not alone in have severe dizziness to the point I'm near enough bed and house bound .

It's constant !

I have horrible head neck arm leg knee finger toe pain constantly that comes and goes but it is so painful my legs have recently become spotty you know what causes red spots stress ! But get them checked out hun I'm scared of doctors I'm going today though about my dizziness right down all your symtoms and tell them your fears I see they do more testing when your honest with your fears to them xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.