Scary Bodily Sensations

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi there. I am 21 years old and relatively healthy. Exactly a week ago, I felt like my arms were weightless/numb in the shower. Since then, I have been hyper-focused morning to night about these symptoms. I've had soft stools/diarrhea almost instantly when I get worked up about it. I had it one week prior to the weightless sensation last Thursday. It is difficult for me to focus on anything else. When I do, the symptoms seem to wane but then I am aware of the feeling and it all comes back. I feel weightless--like I can't feel the presence of my limbs or the weight of things I am holding. It started with my arm, but now it comes and goes all over my body. If I touch a given body part with a sharp object (a pin, etc) I can feel it. If someone touches me I can feel it. Just the normal weight and presence I feel isn't there though I can move and operate normally. I went to the ER almost a month ago (unrelated) for what I believed to be a TIA (mini-stroke) or migraine. They did a CT, had labs, and I saw a neurologist and everything came back normal. Other than that, I have been very stressed. I work a high-stress job and have C-PTSD from childhood trauma. I just kind of feel like a brain in a sensationless body until I touch something. If I hold my hands together, it is hard for me to tell what sensation I feel in the right hand versus left and I can often only seem to feel one sensation at a time. Can anyone relate or explain??

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

hi tara, this doesn't appear to be IBS related? i don't think so anyway. i think something else completely different is going on. you doctor said what exactly? ask for an exam to find out whether you nerve is trapped. did you drop anything on it? did you pick up anything heavy? who knows what this is? i would ask more questions to your physician.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.