Sciatia or a pulled muscle?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Is it sciatia or a pulled muscle?

I’ve had an Xray and MRI done and the doctors keeps telling me that I’m faking it. I lifted a heavy barrel a month ago and my back cracked and ever since I’ve been having this sharp pain in my lower back. I’ve been to the hospital 4 times because I literally can’ stand up, walk or sit without pain, not even talking about bending over. It is sharp, stabbing-like and gets worse when I move. Painkillers aren’t really helping that much and IDK what to do next. I’ve been laying in bed for the past 2 weeks and the only movement I do is when my parents DRAG me to the toilet. What is it? What can I do? Please help

2 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Edited

Hi veronika78386, it is a good thing you had an X-ray and MRI done and your doctors might have checked if your pain is caused by a broken bone or a herniated vertebral disk. Pain is a subjective experience and doctors can only infer your pain level by what you are describing.

I am dealing with episodes of muscle pain. When I finally got an appointment it coincided with a period when I was pain free. Like I suggested in a recent post on this forum, I would recommend keeping a pain diary with columns for date/time of day, pain level and symptoms while still (0-100), pain level and symptoms while moving, medication taken. It might help you and you doctors recognize a pattern and if things are improving or getting worse. It is much more difficult to dismiss a patient with a detailed pain record.

I would also recommend getting a referral or making an appointment to see an osteopath.

• Edited

sounds like a herniated disc , ask for more tests . never give up, never give in until you see treatment results.

and it could develop into sciatica when a disc is damaged the nerve is effected from the disc pressing on the sciatic nerve in the lower back and pain can also run down the leg to the foot. it is very painful. i am so sorry. the darnedest things can happen when we least expect it. i hope your receive treatment for the pain . in the mean time try a elastic wrap around for your back, helps to take the weight from the pressure off . available online...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.