Sciatica again

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi, I have my second hp (right) done 2 weeks ago. I had a terrible sciatica pain till the op. Now there is a less sciatica pain though, I still feel the nerve is irretated since I still feel the stretch on my hamstring. I was wishing that it was going to go away after thr, but it seems it will come back after I bear normal weight on my leg.

Is there anybody who got rid of sciatica pain and how did you do that ?

thanks,

Tolga 

2 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

hi tolga

so sorry to hear that the sciatica pain is still there, but good that it seems to be less - - Maybe it needs a little more time ...

don't overextend it and be gentle okay

big warm hug

renee

sorry I can't be of more help

how are you getting on otherwise?

• Posted

will see the doc on thursday and will be taken another x-ray. We will see... otherwise, can't tell so much 
  • Posted

I tink it's a matter of the sciatic nerve being pinched by muscles - get them back in their right place, and the sciatic pain should stop.  

I know when my wife had sciatic pain, gentle use of the exercise bike helped her.

Graham 🚀💃

• Posted

Have you tried massaging with topical pain killer such as Nurofen or Ibuprofen?  It may help.  Find out from your consultant or GP if you can do some gentle stretches.  Do yu have somebody who can massage the leg with the above?

The problem is that muscles have atrophied and are having to stretch out to encompass the new hip, so ligaments and nerves start to come into play, too.  The surgery pulls and pushes all manner of things aside, so everything is working hard to recover, and you are at the receiving end!

All the best for Christmas and the New Year

• Posted

oh yes I was the same.  Sciatica was so bad, it made my knee buckle when I walked.  After oper it was still there but not as bad.  Don't know when it went away completeley just did.  I am now 4 months post op and it is gone.  Bad new, now my other leg is starting to do the same where my knee buckels when I walk.  I go see surgeon Jan22 and get date for other hip

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.