Sciatica Pain in bum, knee and foot

Posted , 3 users are following.

So for the last six months if not more, I have had pain in my leg and bum. The only way I can explain it is, that it feels like pins and needles without the pain, numb, cold and tingling.

I constantly need to crack my knee which feels like it gives some relief if only for a moment.

I went to the doctors about a month ago and have been referred in for an MRI, but have been told can take up to 12 weeks currently to be seen.

Since my GP appointment, the pain has shifted to my other leg and because I sit down all day for my job (office worker) my foot and toes feel constantly numb and cold, and it's all I can think about. I get the aching in my bum cheek and even when I stand and walk about the pain does not go away.

I have no back pain, it all just seems to start from my bum down into my feet, and shifts legs every few days.

I have tried a hot water bottle, freeze gel and ibuprofen, and nothing works to help ease the uncomfortableness.

Any suggestions on what you think could be causing this, and what I can try to ease the pain before my MRI scan?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

It seems like inflammation of nerves to me. Must have been caused by some type of triggers. Think back and see if you put a lot of pressure on the bum (Mattress etc.. may be too hard or soft?). Ibuprofen or Tylenol could help in the mean time. I have the same issue but only with my right side- specifically from buttocks area to legs and toes. The hot showers actually helps for me. I also took strong prescription medications too for my other surgery and it kind of alleviated the issue till the meds wears off. Steroids meds such as prednisolone could be taken if it is determined to be inflammation. Talk to your doctor about it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.