Scoliosis and sacrolititis

Posted , 4 users are following.

Has anyone got these conditions together?

I have degenerative diseased facets aswell.

My gp referred me to my local gym for exercises.

I find some days it's good for my back and other days it's not!

So as soon as my back starts hurting I can't go to the gym to do my exercises.

I do a combination of working on the cycle and leg press and I do Pilates aswell.

I find if I get bad aches in my back it sets off my headache migraines I can't win!

Also I find drinking lots of water helps headaches stay away if my back is not hurting only then it works for me.

What does anyone else do ?

I just wondered..

Liz 😊

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Liz,

It sounds like you get something like me. I have never been diagnosed with sacrolititis, but it sounds the same. If I do cycling or elliptical for more that about 15mins I get pain in my groin and it grinds, clonks, etc and start to become very painful. I also get headaches when my back is hurting. I manage them and the groin pain through stretching exercises which seems to get rid of them when they occur. If it gets too bad I go to a Chiropractor, but only as a last resort.

If you wish I can tell you some stretches what I do.

I am interested in how you were diagnosed because I have never been told about sacrolititis.

• Posted

Hi Liz,

I have scoliosis, but not sacrolitis. I practice Bikram yoga, which is mostly stretching and balancing poses practiced in a hot, humid room. I was crippled with pain when I started and couldn't do much, but the pain disappeared after the first 4-5 sessions. I am now completely able-bodied, but to keep myself pain-free I practice 1 - 2 times per week.

• Posted

I also have both... I've been suffering from sarcoilitis for 8 months now and I have

• Posted

I also have both... I've been suffering from sarcoilitis for 8 months now and I have kyphosis. I was tested for ankylosing spondylitis and the results were negative.I go swimming and do some stretches home. Sarcoilitis is difficult to go away... I try to sleep on my back to straighten my back but this way my s. i. hurt in the morning. I haven't tried physical therapy yet. And stretches for s.i.don't help me at all

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.