Second FS starting

Posted , 4 users are following.

I feel I may actually crack up, the past few weeks I have been getting the very familiar twinges when I put on a coat or do any sudden movements with my left arm (I have just reached 2 years post FS on my right and its still not 100%) the actual thoughts of going through another FS is messing with my head, I really feel I can't go back to those sleep deprived nights and the intense pain I really don't think I have it in me.

I have been googling everything about how to stop the freeze but its all coming back that you can't stop it....im trying to exercise shoulder more and keep it mobile but I feel that the inevitable is just around the corner to say I'm gutted is an understatement.

any ideas or help to stop it happening out there?

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Edited

Ho piper

happy christmas lol.

I think you have got to the point I visited back in 2021 when i was bi laterally frozen. one at a time is enough. both crippled me. lisa had to sit me down as i went dark. know where you are at and it is not good.

at that point i went down the surgery route. yes it did work. is it an option to think about. yes its drastic. very minimal post op scars (4) .google 360° ACR. it did free me. then it was mu own fault what happened with the other ops.

post op you have a pain free ache free and above normal range of motion.

always here

c

• Edited

do ya need a hug piper they are going free this weekend .

also when the shoulders went bilaterally i had to invest in a ice machine . it was worth more than gold to me.

at the end of the day plug it in and you just relax and go aaaarrrhhhhh. instant zero pain ( while it is running ). it did more than codeine ever could.

its just a rest bite relief

sending you a virtual hug.

c

• Posted

Thanks for the virtual hug Colin, I'm so upset I can't believe I'm going to have to go through this all over again. I'll look into the ice machine.

how are you getting on now?.hope works going well for you.

• Edited

hi my fellow warrior

i have the aircast ic cryo shoulder unit. most important "ic" it has a electric pump. the cheaper on is gravity.

can we lift above our heads. hell no. cost me about £120. worrh £1,000,000 in the way it works.

feel for ya mrs. stay strong stay positive.

work well getting there. i have not been shouted at this week. thats a bonus lol. its falling into place.

wore the immobiliser for 2 days out of 7. shoulder health is so poor. repair is 100%. . surgeon said 6 months. i agree.

mailed him this morning for me 3 month follow up. in a good place at the moment. i have learnt " dont hold ya breath". ya know that.

stay focused and strong. with ya all the way.

colin xxx

• Edited

Yes, I wish you well, too. I am just finishing up with Frozen Shoulder # 2 after about a 5 year gap...this one I had surgery, too because the mri indicated a little labrum tear.... I didn't have a "repair" done, but he scraped off the frayed tissue and stretched out my arm....I should have a parking spot with my name at the physical therapist's place!

I also had one of those motion chair machines...the first month after surgery was brutal...as bad as you would imagine...

I think the lack of sleep for months on end is very problematic, too.

Just writing to wish you encouragement...it will get better...but it sure is tough in the middle.

I had surgery May 30...and I am just about back to normal.

***OH...and the kicker is...I was feeling good about a month ago and figured I need to get back in shape...so I have been running/jogging...so I did some leg weights one evening...and now I think I gave myself hip bursitis...uggh! another ailment for me to learn about...amazing!

• Posted

Hi Angela, thanks for your words of encouragement.i have to admit i'm having some very down days about this at the moment.i hope you have a quick recovery to your hip problem.

• Edited

Hey Piper, so sorry to hear about your 2nd FS, I can totally relate, having suffered the same plight.

I have to say though my 2nd one hasn't been nearly as debilitating and painful as the 1st one ( dominant arm)

I laid off the weights and exercises in the end and this does seem to have helped. Or has it? would it have been better sooner had I exercised it more?

Mine is still painful, my ROM is slowly but surely improving and like you, my right shoulder is still not 100% cured, but it is 100% better than it was.

You can do this Piper!

Ibruprofen and co-codamol were my go to with my 1st one. The pain was hell on earth. With my 2nd one I'm managing with Ibruprofen as and when needed.

We stand with you Piper, FS to FS.

You will get through this.

Michelle

• Posted

Hi Michelle, FS just sucks so bloody much, am so fed up. I wonder do you not think your 2nd FS is as bad cos you have built up a high pain threshold from the 1st one .....or is it actually not as bad?...hard to know for sure I guess. today while putting on my coat, I was nearly crippled with the shooting pain up my arm, it nearly brought me to tears. just the actual thought of months of minimal sleep due to increased night time pain....I really don't know if I have it in me to go through it all over again.

• Edited

hey ladies.

ya got to look on the bright side . we could have been octopus's. then we would had hell.

on a serious note "keep the faith" and stay strong over christmas. if you can have a good time. even cold packs from boots helps. keep them rotating. it all helps

mr c

no not that mr c

• Posted

barb, piper, Michelle

. thanks for being there this year and having an imput.

think finally have broken the FS curse. not bad for 5 years 2 weeks.

have a happy christmas and an ache free year. well i am hoping for all.

colin

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.