SED Rate

Posted , 5 users are following.

My SED rate is .59

any comments on the meaning.  Also both feet have been very swollen for days. Is this part of PMR?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Don't put everything down to pmr, quite possible it is water retention.  Your Gp can prescribe tablets for this.  Give s/he a call and ask.

Have you tried sitting with you legs, higher than you head, or sleeping with a pillow under your legs, I found this helped.

• Posted

Yes I have been doing your suggestions . With tomorrow Monday I will be able to call my GP

thank you , Lodger

• Posted

Both are part of PMR yes - but it doesn't mean that is what is causing your raised ESR. That ESR is high, there is something going on and if you haven't got any simple infection or already been dx'd with PMR and it remains high it needs investigating. But PMR is a raised ESR together with a load of others signs and symptoms.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.