See silhouette of aura in normal vision

Posted , 5 users are following.

hello there anybody

im really really intrested to know if anybody else gets this?........ive suffered with aura for 40 years, just recently i started to see the arc/crescent moon shape of an aura in my normal vision, it doesnt turn into a full blown aura, just always lurking there.....anybody else see this?.......thanks

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I am new to auras (44F). Are you auras in color? When I had my aura, it was a arc in color.

• Posted

hi staci

yes mine are in colour & zig zag lines

how many do you get a month?

i keep a diary to note what foods ive ate but i carnt seem to pin it down to anything, i think there stress/anxiety based

• Posted

I have only had three total. I had one super intense one and that is the day I found out auras existed. I went to the ER by ambulance. Then, I had one three days later and then two days after that, so three total. However, my vision/brain has been permanently altered since the incident. I was diagnosed with intractable migraine and have suffered 24/7 visual disturbances for the past 10 months. Prior to my first aura, I suffered menstrual migraines without aura for 7-8 years (1 per month). I still have 1 migraine per month, but no aura.

I saw a fancy neuro-ophthalmologist in NYC. He asked if I still had the scintillating scotoma that started this whole mess. I do not, but it is possible to have a (semi) permanent aura in your vision. In addition, to hearing it from the doctor, I have also read posts on another forum from people with this issue.

• Posted

I get the ocular migraine. It last 20-30 minutes. I starts like a blind spot in my vision, then starts the crescent shape moons that flash crazy colours. I can see them move across my eye. Light really bothers me when this happens. I am fortunate that \i do not get the headache after. Just the crazy ocular stuff.\Oddly I get them seasonally. Usually in the spring and fall

• Posted

Hello rob37052,

I have been suffering with a lots of auras lately even few in same day. I have recently noticed I have what you describe as the arc in my field of vision that doesn't go away. my usual aura start with a dot in filed of vision them turns into a zig zag flashing aura that gets bigger and eventually moves so that is no longer in view.

This arc that I mention is just there but strangely I think it's only in my left eye whereas my normal aura is both eyes.

I can see your post was 4 months ago, how are you getting on and do you still have the arc?

• Posted

hi millymoo

sorry late late reply

ive gone nearly 3 months without an aura but ive just had 2 in 3 days. i get a dull headache after that makes me go very quiet.

when i blink i see the silohette of an almost 'see through crescent moon' still, it only appears literally in a flash & usually when im stressed/ mentally challanged at work & feeling some anxiety.

ive tried for years to pin it down to food/alcohol/ lifestyle etc...........

i hope your good.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.