Seeing orange grain like stuff after using the bathroom, help!

Posted , 1 user is following.

Okay so, here's the sitch...

I have been panicking and obsessing for 2 weeks over whether or not I have a parasite (even tho my whole family doesn't have any symptoms I am) because I've been experiencing symptoms related to an intestinal infection. My parents have been getting bothered by me, and keep telling me that if I have a parasite, because of how highly contagious they are, they would have them too by now since this has been going on for 4 or 5 weeks already. Anyways. About 3 weeks ago, or maybe 4, I had a lot of diarrhea, nausea, I broke out in a fever, had extreme thirst, abdominal pain and cramping, and loss of appetite. I also had a bad smell in my nose since I was getting over sinusitis, and was overall very sick. That week passed, let's skip ahead to week #3, where I started experiencing itchiness in my anus, on and off, it wouldn't last all night and usually I got temporary relief by just fidgeting around in my seat and it went away, then came back an hour or two later. It was always on and off never, lasting longer than like 10 or 20 minutes, even after going to the bathroom as well. So, now this brings us to week 4, I have been having abdominal pain, some of my appetite is slowly coming back, I was able to finish my meal today instead of only eating half, and even then I had taken a nap, and an hour later woke up with stomach grumbling as if I was hungry again or empty which has been scaring me thinking there's a bug in my stomach that's causing that. But, I have seen a doctor, they told me they can't confirm parasites until my results come back, which I waited a week for but my stool sample hasnt even gotten analyzed yet because their machines are down so, it's going to take longer, and they want me to give another stool test as well for 100% accuracy so.. Yeah. I also took a urine test, which came back with a UTI, and earlier today I had to give another urine test where I saw white specks all floating inside it, they looked like fleshy bits and it really worried me, but the doctor told me it could just be discharged from my UTI. Anywho, tonight after two days, I was finally able to have a bowel movement, and after wiping I saw something that....well...terrified my obsessive, panic filled mind.

A small, orangy looking thing on the toilet paper after wiping that area, and it resembled a rice grain. Now i've done enough extensive research that linked me to tapeworm segments in stools but, they were always white or tan, mine was orange so... I'm really concerned as to if its a parasite or not. My whole family has been extremely bothered and stressed by me obsessing, and keep reassuring me that I don't have anything if its been weeks and they haven't had anything ive been having. So... If anyone could help, ease my mind or even give any advice, shed some light, I would really appreciate it. Thank you so much!

(the image with the tiny orange thing, was last night, and the image with the bigger orange thing was 4-5 weeks ago when. The weirdest thing is, i have only noticed this "stuff" when on antibiotics. Because until they put me on it again, i wasnt seeing those things again. So... Does anyone know why this is or what it is?)

1 like, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.