Seem to have variuos skin problems, rashs, spots , lots of bruising andgeneral feeling of tiredness

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello, suffered a TIA about 6months ago, have already had a heart atttack 4 years ago, have ICD fitted and they thinlk the clot that caused the TIA came from my heart. Therefor I am on 6mg Warferin and 75 mg Clopidogral daily. For life apparently. I am having various skin problems and general tiredness. am also on statin, eplerenone, blood pressure tab and beta blocker. I am 62 next week and have not encoutered any skin problems untill the TIA and warferin/clod issue. Lots of itchy spots on back and arms, spots above veins. getting a bit fed up of it. Anyone have similar problems with warferin/,clopid .

Kevin

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kevin, I was on clopidogrel for several years before being put on Warfarin. I don't take the clopidogrel any more. I know that I had far more problems with bruising on clopidogrel than I have on Warfarin, also got rashes occasionally which I now don't, so for me, the clopidogrel was the culprit although there were no other side effects.
    • Posted

THANKS FOR THAT LUCY, STAY WELL, I ASKED TO COME OFF CLOPIDOGREL BUT THEY SAID NO, GUESS I WILL HAVE TO PUT UP WITH IT.
  • Posted

Hi Kevin - I had skin problems too. Very annoying.  Doc and med journals/sites do list skin probs as a side effect of clopidogrel like dark pruple bruises. red or black pinpoint spots or larger on the skin, itching, redness or swelling.  My new doc has prescribed clopidogrel again for me today and I am terrified of taking it.  I notice you are also taking statins - i was on Lipitor for two years and it caused multiple probs of skin - swelling, excema (which is till an issue though diminishing), keratosis, rough dark patches of skin - the list goes on. After throwing both the doc and the meds away one year ago, I have had very slow improvement, instead of multiple snowballing serious probs. Hoping that there are no long term effects of that poison called statin. It's the most over prescribed drug in the medical world - 20 billion dollar industry in the US alone. There is no evidnece it actually prevents heart attacks/TIA's etc. Best of luck for your health.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.