Seizure?

Posted , 3 users are following.

i cant remember when this happened but i believe it was either last year or the year before anyways, basically what happened was i was on my device, i was on some drawing/animation app and i was looking at posts and i came across one, it was a video of flashing colors, there were two colors placed beside each other (blue and yellow and red and green) anyways as i said they were flashing, so it was fine at first, nothing happened but my dumb self kept looking at it despite knowing it was dangerous, and so i felt a toxic taste come up and i threw up (also please note i hadn't slept since like yesterday at the time) anyways as i was throwing up i passed out, or at least i remember everything going black but my parents and sister said my eyes were still open i was just unresponsive, any idea why this happened? I haven't went to see a doctor ever about it since we assumed i was fine but i still feel uncomfortable not having any idea what happened, i brought it up again with my family recently and they said it could have been a seizure but i dunno..

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I'm not an expert, but that does sound like some sort of seizure. I would recommend seeing a doctor, and they might prescribe medicine to help you! Best of luck!

• Posted

thank you for the reply! And I'll try see a doctor about it, 😃

• Posted

Dear Teabecca,

Flashing lights of any and all colors will give one a seizure. They can and will excite the neurons in the brain. If you are probe you will seize. Example a young man at my son's work place at a night club was expose to strobing lights there, had three seizures. Never had them before. I myself react to all sorts of flashing lights, fast editing on TV, bright sun light, fluesent lighting etc...I wear rose color glasses that help somewhat. Lack of enough sleep does not help. Please is a doctor for a EEG test but do not get upset if the results are normal. These things in life will and do happen to many different people of all ages.

• Posted

hmm I see.. well thank you for the info, I'll talk to my parents about it 😃

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.