Self Diagnoses

Posted , 1 user is following.

Although I've requested that my continuing topic be removed due to some privacy concerns, I am able to report that I do Not have sciatica. I've just completed several test including an MRI on my knee and lower back. The test results show that I have a pinched nerve in my hip which if I sit longer than normal or sit in an uncomfortable position, the knee will start to have pain right at the joint.

One thing that makes my knee pain worse is that with all the test I went through over the last week, turn out I also have Gout which happens to be located on the left knee. Double the pain. The issue I was having is that no matter what Dr or Chiropractor I went to explain my issues, they automatically assumed the pain in my knee was a result of the gout. which is not the case. the gout doesn't hurt merely causing swelling and pressure around the knee cap. nothing's broken or no ligaments have been torn. Just means I need to eat healthier.

The sad news about this, is 3 out of the 4 Dr I went to have test done through. Misdiagnosed my issues. In fact, a chiropractor we've been seeing since the 90's we'll no longer be using his services. because the last 3 times I've went to his office, he's turn our visits into political or social views emporium and he actually ended up hurting me instead of healing me. Needless to say I've had to self diagnose in order to learn I have gout and a pinched nerve in my left hip.

So I'll no longer be participating in the sciatica group area because i do not have the symptoms. However I will be moving over to the gout area.. oh joy..

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.