Sensitivity testing

Posted , 9 users are following.

Has anyone ever had sensitivity testing to see what their body may be reacting to?

0 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi!

One of my first doctors almost 4 years ago told me it’s a disease and that’s that, there is no known cause or cure.  

I honestly think something environmental like pesticides or pollution is causing everyone’s immune system to go haywire and attack our own bodies and tissue.  There are just way too many autoimmune diseases  out there to be coincidental.

It could be a worse autoimmune disease like rheumatoid arthritis, diabetes or crones  so I guess we’re lucky.

Good luck 😉 

• Posted

Thanks for your reply. It definitely could be a lot worse but it is still so frustrating.
  • Posted

Hi there Ettiboy,

I agree with you totally about the sensitivity issues..... I am going to see a fantastic naturopath next week, I will log back on and let you know what she can tell me about mine.... (I am traveling eight hours to see her, she is that good!)......

• Posted

Hi, good luck with your naturopath. I've been to one but she wasn't that familiar with GA. I am doing a sensitivity test on the 14th. I can't say that I'm that optimistic but we'll see. Will be in touch.

• Posted

Hi Emma 

How did your visit with the naturopath go? Anything you would be willing to share with us here?

Thanks 

• Posted

Hi Melinda, I go on Tuesday.... I really cant wait to see what she says.... I will def post here.. 
    • Posted

Thanks!! Look forward to reading what you learn. I am hoping to get in too see one soon
  • Posted

ok guys.... so I had my appointment today,  I had live bloods tested and it turns out I have (what i suspected all along) an issue with my immunity. The results indicated if I fix my internal gut health the GA will fix itself... so its gut health time for me. I still believe that it is different for all of us but from the information I have already sourced, I am sticking with the belief that the skin is a line of defence and it is definitely telling us all to investigate our bodies further.... so if you can get to see someone fantastic, get your live bloods done, and look at your gut health.... So for me its, no alcohol (which I have already started),  eliminate most sugars and my biggest trigger is gluten....

I feel better having it confirmed though.... Ill let you know in a couple of months if I have managed to get it sorted! 

• Posted

Hi Emma, glad you got some answers so now the real test begins. I hope you see some improvements in the next couple of months. I'm doing some sensitivity testing tomorrow so I hope to find something out.

• Posted

ps... live bloods also indicated some hormonal issues..... and high levels of metals in my blood. 
  • Posted

good luck with the testing, I would love to hear your results if you are up for a share......
    • Posted

Hello, back from my testing. I will be going off dairy milk and wheat for starters. Also I am doing a 30 day cleanse to clean out parasites, bacteria, candida from gut. Taking a supplement to get adrenal glands up to snuff (hormones). Lastly I'll be taking a digestive enzyme. Will that cure the GA? I have no idea but I sure hope it's a start in the right direction. I go back in a month to see if my levels have changed.

• Posted

Awesome! sounds like you have quite the journey as well..... I'm on about day four (I think and so far no change but I am allowing three months...). were you happy with the advice? did it sit right with you? is it going to be a huge dietary change? For me it is not a huge change, but will power is my downfall.   

• Posted

Hi Emma, last spring I went gluten and dairy milk free with the naturopath I was seeing. During the summer I noticed that my marks weren't quite as red but I attributed it to the tan I had gotten over the summer. In August my marks seemed to get darker again. When I think back, I had started up with dairy and gluten again, not thinking that maybe it really was working. Anyway the new girl I saw narrowed the milk down to casein, whey and lactose intolerance. There were some other readings off as well but those I may be able to manage with a supplement. Wheat, I am off and I'll try to cut back on soy. The cleanse starts on Tuesday so that should be interesting. Hopefully we can keep in touch and we'll see how we progress. Good luck.

• Posted

Hey there, just thought Id check in.... I have been sticking to sugar or gluten religiously for nearly three weeks now... no real sign of marked improvement as of yet, but I've dropped a few kg's so I'm loving that as a side effect!  How are things going with you?

• Posted

Hello again. Gotta love the losing weight part. No changes here but I'm certainly not expecting any for awhile. I've been on the cleanse for a week,it's not so bad but will be glad when it's done. Drinking almond milk and a casein free butter but am really missing the cheese. Going without wheat can be challenging at times especially when eating out but is manageable. As long as we can see results in a bit it'll be all worth it.😊

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.