Seroquel?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello! is this med good for anxiety or depression?

I am currently on celexa 20 mg for anxiety and doc wants to add this as well.

What are the pros and cons of this med?

Thanks!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Ive been on the generic Seroquel, called Quetiapine, for 3 years now. Which is what you would most likely be taking. Low dose helps with anxiety and depression, 12.5mg during the day helps with things that I have issues with like going to the barber or going to the store, or sitting through a work meeting.

I take 37.5mg at night to help calm my anxiety and make me sleep. I can get 5-7 hours of sleep with it. You can take 25mg in the afternoon to take a nap on lol.

Anyway, only side effect Ive noticed is increased appetite.

This medication acts differently at higher doses. Like, 100mg-500mg a day its used for people with bipolar disorder. But at low doses, under 100mg a day, it acts like a strong antihistamine basically, and is very calming.

Hope this helps you. If you have more questions and want to talk, feel free to call. Two eight one four seven five nine seven four six

• Posted

Hey Jeremy ! Thanks for the response! I am already on Celexa 20mg . This would be an add on to the Celexa.

I hate being on multiple meds for anxiety/depresssion.

I might give it a try but i am nervous about taking two meds.

My quality of life isnt that great now though .

I been on the celexa for 10 weeks and still feel very anxious.

Thanks for the help!

• Posted

I tried the generic Celexa and quit. It didnt work for me, but hopefully it will work for you. I take the Quetiapine, and on bad days or if a big event like a wedding over a weekend or something has me really anxious I take the generic Xanax .5 mg. It works well for me. On really s****y days sometimes I take 3 of the Xanax spread throughout the day. Im 6ft 205 pound male, just fyi, and I have a pretty fast metabolism so it goes through my system quickly, and the effects wear off quickly. Usually each dose only lasts 4-5 hours. But it works well and my wife says its not noticeable when Im on it. I would worry that I wasnt as sharp or witty as I used to be. So, maybe try that? Ive been dealing with anxiety for over 3 years now. I tried 4 different anti depressants and none of them worked for me. So I stick to the Quetiapine and Xanax. Quality of life is decent, not as good as it was before the panic attacks and anxiety and depression. But, doable.

• Posted

i have worries and anxiety for one year and i went for treatment with Seroquel for help sleep and change all the other symptoms related. also i had help from psychologist around 5 sessions. Seroquel help me to overcome sleep problems and with others medication it's work together as my doctor had prescribed to me as well.

However the worse problem is manager anxiety and worries. i am now off all the medication and we have to be strong and pacient in this mission.

regards

Edy

• Posted

Hey Jeremy!

I have been the Celexa 20 mg for around 11 weeks and still not that great on it.

I feel very tired and apathetic and just anxious too. I also been getting muscle tightness and spasms.

I use to like to do things and now i dont feel up to it .

Is the seroquel very sedating?

I am looking for something to get me going you know. I went to the store the other day and felt unwell shopping.

The doc wants to add this to the celexa and i am unsure about this.

I was on celexa a long while ago and never been on two at same time.

My quality of life is not that great now .

It would be nice to find something and feel like myself again.

I also have klonopin 0.5 mg as needed but afraid of addiction on benzos.

I hear the withdrawls are terrible too.

Have you had any trouble on the xanax?

Why did you go off Celexa ?

Thanks!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.