Seroquel

Posted , 5 users are following.

Do/can people taking seroquel lead a normal life?.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Billyboi, yes people can lead a normal life. I take the Generic, Quetiapine, and do fine with it. It helps a lot with my sleep and my anxiety/depression.  If you have any other questions or concerns feel free to reach out. Ive been taking it for 2 years. 
  • Posted

I agree yes...although I take 700mg daily and find I need to be careful  what time of day I take it at depending on when I want to be up and what I have to do the next day.   I do work part-time but I admit that I would find it hard to work full-time for a number of reasons-one of which would be that although I've been taking this med for a long time, I think it does make me slower to get going in the mornings.  Everyone's different of course.  i do know that I lead what's a much closer proximity to a 'normal' life when I'm on this med, than I would if I wasn't taking it!

• Posted

Interesting question. I'm on 450mg and have been for a few months now. I take half in the morning and the other half at night. I can work through the tiredness as it is getting a little easier as the months roll by. I could not go back to work, not yet anyway. I am just so tired with no motivation at all. I also have a worrying habit of standing looking down at my feet and not making any eye contact at all. It does stop the voices but there is a price to pay. Maybe one day the psychiatrist will make a change again. On top of that I also take 150mg of amatryptiline at night and combined with the quietiapine I just fall asleep in my chair by nine. On the plus side, you get a great sleep, really good sleep with no waking up early or tossing and turning. I like that benefit. But as for going back to work, well I've been off for four years now and no sign on the horizon of getting back to work soon.

• Posted

Yes, I believe that we are able to lead "normal" lives. I am 17 years old. I was diagnosed last year with major depressive disorder with auditory and visual hallucinations. At the time, I also had sleep paralysis... I went to see a psychiatrist and he put me on 200 mg of Seroquel... It stopped the visual hallucinations but did not stop the voice telling me to kill myself.  Finally, I am at 700 mg of Seroquel and have been symptom free for 5 months. I am very happy about that. Seroquel does have some side effects..  such as tiredness during the first few weeks and weight gain.. cut out all the carbs and you won't gain weight on this.  I take 200 mg of Seroquel when I wake up with 50 mg of Zoloft. At 2:00, I take 200 mg of Seroquel and before bed..I take 300 mg of Seroquel. I am starting Univeristy in September...but only taking 1 class ... as I had to leave school early because in the beginning my symptons were breaking though the medicine. I have my highschool degree now and have taken everything slow and balanced. We need to stay balanced and not over do it with studies, activities etc. and by doing this we can lead normal lives... xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.