Seroxat Out of Stock

Posted , 2 users are following.

Just wanted to know if anyone else in on liquid form of Seroxat/Paroxetine as my pharmacy wasn't able to get it. i have been on the liquid form ever since i was prescribed it 15 years ago. My chemist is usually very good with my medications, however I have been without my seroxat and having the worst withdrawals. They failed to inform me it was out of stock and only found out today that there is no liquid form. I hate taking tablets as they make me gag and heave and even vomit.

My tablets have just been delivered in place of the liquid. i was on 50mg liquid. the tablets are a box of 30mg and box of 20mg that says to crush it and mix with water. that tastes even worse.

i also contacted GSK about it and they said there is a nationwide unavailability and will not be in stock until February 2020. if i end up vomiting will the tablets still work or would i need to take another dose? i hate being on seroxat and hate the withdrawals and side effects. im actually so angry and mad to be without the liquid form.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

you could try another pharmacy? however they may have to get you a parallel import which is from a different manufacturer from a different country, and changing makes for me brings on withdrawal.

do you not get on with any tablets at all?

think if you vomit straight away you won't be absorbing it all, but will absorb some, so don't double dose.

im part of a support group on Facebook which is full of lots of support if you'd like to join.

it's paroxetine/ other SSri

withdrawal

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.