SEROXAT WITHDRAWAL SYMPTOMS

Posted , 1 user is following.

Today I found this site and was reading through some people's withdrawal symptoms from Seroxat.

I thought I would talk about my journey over the years.

I have been taking this evil drug for probably 20 years on and off. I was taking 20mg for depression and anxiety, which started when I stopped breast feeding.

The Seroxat helps. Though I do get a tad complacent with chores around the home and I sometimes forget to dust or wipe things down. ( this all goes back o normal as soon as I stop taking the drug) It helps me sleep and I can be pretty laid back with it. I do sometimes get the shakes with it and if starting it again, after a gap, I do get the runs. This usually lasts a weeks or so before subsiding

I am currently going through yet another attempt of coming off of Seroxat. I have had yet another restless night of so called, sleep. My head is bang, bang, banging, like a gun shot or electric shock. I can hear the gunshot noise in my ears and I wince frequently from the noise and feeling. I have a constant headache. If I move my eyes from right to left they seem to take time to need to catch up. I am starting to become overly emotional and will cry over things that I really shouldn't be crying about.

I'm having dream after dream (when I actually manage to drop off to sleep) and I feel physically and mentally exhausted at the moment.

I don't feel irritable this time, but in the past I have been evil to live with. last year we went camping and my poor husband was being snapped at continually even though he had done nothing wrong. I'm praying this side effect doesn't rear it's ugly head again.

I'm currently not taking any Seroxat. I weaned myself off very gradually and it's now 2 weeks after not having any in my system. The banging in my head started up again 2 days ago.

It's a living hell. The pain, electric shock and noise stops me dead in my tracks. I can be in bed, walking the dogs or working when it happens.

I did mention this to a pharmacist once and he told me he had never heard of these symptoms. I have heard it's actually a well known side effect though.

Weight gain seems to be another side effect. I personally think it's because I become complacent about just eating and drinking what I want when taking the meds. This has definitely stopped now though so I hope to lose a stone or so.

I am determined (again) to not go back onto these tablets. I think people should be made aware of how difficult it can be to come off of them after long term use. They do work for anxietyand depression however I would've preferred to have been given the choices of drugs which are easier to come off of than go through this hell each time.

I can't think of any other symptoms I have had at this time. Good luck to anyone trying to come off of this drug and please above all do it slowly and with doctors guidance.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.