Sertraline 50mg, Week 5

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have just completed my 4th week taking 50mg Sertraline and I am still experiencing some side effects, just wondering if anyone has experienced anything similar please?

I am experiencing quite frequent headaches, some days they are in the background and I can sort of ignore them, other days like today, they are unbearable. I wake up with them in the morning and I feel pain in my temple, eye, cheek and back and top of my head. Has anyone else experienced this?

I also feel like my eyes are straining a lot of the time and get a strange sensation that my eyes are struggling to work together almost?! I had an eye test about 2 months ago and all seemed okay?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, so fed up. I just want to feel like a normal functioning human being!

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Chloe!

When I started Sertraline I have a horrible burning sensation start at the top of my head which would go away and come back, just not as bad. When I went up to 100mg then burning sensation was unbearable again for a day or so. But since, constant headaches and weird feeling in my head in general. I also have the same issue with my eyes but again, an eye test said my eyes are absolutely fine.

Everyone has different side effects and I am guessing it takes a while for your body to adjust. I am week 6 overall, and I hoping that the headaches ease up soon.

Are you still getting them?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.