Sertraline and triggers

Posted , 2 users are following.

so ive been on sertraline 6 years altogether and was doing fab!! im on 100mg. 4 days ago i had a trigger which set my anxiety off and i felt like i did at the beginning of my journey, the intrusive thoughts and everything else. It does seem to of calmed a little bit just wanted to ask if anyone else has had a set back over the years and been like this? how long for it to calm down again?

before my trigger i had been poorly with a sickness bug so missed a couple of tablets, although ive missed a couple before and was fine.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

been on 150 sert and 15 mirt for 2 years, before xmas started feeling bad again (i have ocd where i fixate on breathing blinking and swallowing, makes no sense i know) dr upped my sert to 200mg 10 days ago and i feel awful, gota wait it out i guess

• Posted

yeah thats all im doing just waiting it out as i no it works and i feel great when it does, blips are horrible and this is my 3rd and still find myself seeking reassurance when it happens, i do feel better then i did and am able to do more now so just giving it a little more time

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.