Sertraline daily and xanax as needed until it works?? I hate meds

Posted , 3 users are following.

My doctor started me on Sertraline 25 milligrams 3 weeks ago also gave me a script for Xanax 0.25 milligrams which I have taken half of maybe five times total and full one 2x since September 30th. I really really do not want to have to take the Xanax but there doesn't seem much way around it sometimes what are your thoughts, they said only until sertraline kicks in... I'm upping that to 50mg tomorrow sad

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I did a week of 25. I'm on my second week of 50. Wish my doc would have tossed in some xanax. The increase didn't affect me as much as I thought. The first week was a whirlwind thou. You take what you need to make it thru. We are supposed to be patient. Good luck.

• Posted

Thanks, the 25mgs must not be doing anything, 3 weeks, still a hot mess!! I have no patience when it comes to being ill but I'm getting a hard lesson in it

🙏

• Posted

Hi Ann,

Are you getting a lot of increased anxiety?

• Posted

I am pretty much anxious all day just that knot in my stomach feeling and that feeling that something is wrong but there is nothing wrong that I can pinpoint. I took xanax at 7.. Yes it's not AS bad as 3 was ago, but bad enough it's interfering with my daily living. I also have PVCS and even though I know they are not going to hurt me I cannot stand the feeling of my heart skipping beats and it freaks me out and I get short of breath

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.