Sertraline - Day 6 - Feeling very strange

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi everyone. It's day 6 of taking 50mg of Sertraline and I'm still feeling very odd; hard to explain though. Dizziness on and off plus feeling very spaced out and not in touch with my surroundings (if that makes any sense). Had headaches for two or three days but that seems to have passed. I'm very tired and seem to just be laying down and/or sleeping a lot. Was on this drug 15 years ago and dont remember feeling any of these symptoms. Would be reassuring to hear from anyone in a similar position as I've no one apart from my GP to talk to. Thank you.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I know what you mean I started 50mg 4 weeks ago and had the same spaced out, blurry eyes at distance, strange head sensation, I even hard burning skin feeling across my chest and arms. I went to A&E they checked everything and said I was fine. The symptoms passed after about 10 days but I've started a higher dose today and they're all back
    • Posted

Jessica thank you so much for replying. I'm sorry to hear you've had a bad time too. It's reassuring to know someone else has been experiencing what I'm feeling. Best wishes. Jason.
  • Posted

I was like that my first day on 50mg and had to lower it to 25mg. I am now on week 3 of 25mg and all of the side effects are gone. Just want you to know there is a light at the end of the tunnel.
    • Posted

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply, I really appreciate it. I need all the reassurance I can get at the moment so am very pleased to hear about your experience. Best wishes. Jason.
  • Posted

Jason I know exactly how you feel I've been taking setraline 50mg for about 3 months now and at first I was feeling the same way you did I felt very spacey and like out of it it was a wierd feeling but I do promise you will feel better give it a little more time.
    • Posted

Thank you so much for responding I really appreciate it. I'm feeling slightly less disorientated this morning. Jason
  • Posted

Hi Jason.....you sound just like me, but what you are experiencing are typical side effects which will go away
    • Posted

Thanks so much for your message. It really helps knowing that it's not unusual.
    • Posted

Read the info leaflet with tablets.....but you won't get all side effects. Mine are mainly tied up with dizziness/headache/sleepiness. No nausea or anything. I sleep well too

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.