Sertraline- Sun Pharma UK ltd

Posted , 1 user is following.

I've been taking sertraline - sun pharma (maybe also called ranbaxy?) 50 mg for 3 months. I've had serious problems with this brand. I've previously been on escitalapram for 15 years (had no problem with the brand cipralex, but had problems with generic meds and reverted back to cipralex immediately). with a gap if 5 years with no meds. this sertaline has caused awful self harming agitation on the first small dose, less than 25 mg. i kept taking the tablets until i was taking a full 50 mg dose, over a 6 week period. my mood settled, but i feel flat. the psychiatrist wants me to take even more of this med. 100mg. BUT on 5 occasions this med had suddenly made me ill. Extreme agitation. Heightened anxiety. And sudden mood changes and feeling generally unwell. I've had to call emergency help on three occasions. 100% there is something unreliable in the manufacture of this particular drug manufactured by Sun Pharma ltd UK. It comes from India, from my research. I've tried changing suppliers but with dire consequences (horrendous heart palpitations), once you've started one brand you're pretty much screwed, you've got to stay with them. All these tablets from different manufacturers are....DIFFERENT. They are not the same. For some people they may not notice too much difference, but a lot of people will. As we all have different metabolisms and sensitivities. The quality of the ingredients and quality of manufacture of this brand is dangerous and could end up in someone taking their own life. These meds are not policed, tested or checked for quality and consistency by anyone. Something needs to be done urgently. I am desperately trying to get off this medication now. If you have been prescribed Sertraline avoid Sun Pharma Ltd products and perhaps any other antidepressant which is not the original brand that designed the drug in the first place. Until there is proper reliable and regular testing of all generic antidepressants by law. Demand the branded drug from day one, if you start a generic antidepressant you may very well find it impossible to change brands from one generic supplier to another. They are all different and it will be like starting or withdrawing from the medication. When your suffering from depression, and anxiety having to deal with a drug which delivers unreliable, poor quality or badly mixed ingredients is LIFE THREATENING. Generic antidepressants should 100% be EXACTLY in every way the same as the original key drug and manufacture needs policing urgently. If you too are experiencing problems with Sun Pharma Ltd Sertraline or any other generic, please report it urgently. Tell your doctor. Tell you MP. Lets together stop this happening to us for the sake of making cheap drugs to save money.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.