Servere disability premium

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi I have been receiving high rate dla and and the highest esa which is £125 every week.

Am I entitled to the servere disability premium and if so when can I claim back from I have been on for five years but came off around 2 years ago could I claim back if approved?

Thank you smile

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I think you have to be on the middle rate of care on Dla to get the sever rate premium if you are on the lower rate you get the enhanced rate premium

Billy

• Posted

Just been through this myself, i was moved into the support group of esa from 5th feb,i'm also getting pip care componant. i rang esa last week and they sent me the form is10 to fill in. as i don't have anyone caring for me or claiming carer's allowance i am entitled to the severe disability premium.

I was told it would be back dated to the time i became entitled to it whic would be the 5th of feb.

• Posted

Thank you for letting me takes a bit of weight off the shoulders smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.