Severe alcohol induced neuropahty

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi i have drank heavy for a few years and had some signs that my nerves were being affected but being an alcoholic that wasn't enough for me to stop. then i stopped for almost 7 years and then relapsed. I drank heavy for more than a year then noticed significant weakness in my hands and arms so i stopped. Then a quick progression of muscle wasting and slow weakness came along. Then a year after that i relapsed with two drinks then that caused my instant autonomic dysfunction. Heart rate is all over the place especially under any stress or if i stand up. all of my muscles all over my body have become soft and have been wasting at a fast rate. i'm getting weaker and not looking too good. Has anyone or know anyone who has a similar story and can share how they coped or perhaps any solutions to help with slowing the progression? Thank you.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.