Severe, chronic, idiopathic Raynauds.

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have feared gangrene of the toe, the Raynaud's is so persistent and extreme.  What I read here, are mild episodes, comparatively. 

I have recently tested positive for H. Pylori antibody, and, of course, there is at least one study that suggests that it is a contributing factor for the Raynaud's.  I doubt it.  I think they'll eventually find a faulty internal sensor that can be repaired, and I'm not talking about thyroid anomalies as causal.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

You     MUST  artificially warm your affecteed areas!!!!    There is NO blood flow. After 1/2 hour damage will occur, at 1 hour ...irreversital damage will occur.   I cannot survive in temperatures less than 80 deg. F (27 C.) 
  • Posted

I was diagnosed with   Raynaud in 2008 and also tested positive to H Pylori in 2009. I had the oral treatment recommended for Pylori. After the treatment, I took the breath test and it showed I did not have the infection again. The Dr said I don't need any more testing for Pilory. I did not know they were related. After reading your post I search the web and found some studies about individuals with the 2 of them. They said that people who had the Pilory treatment showed significant reduction in the Raynaud attacks. Unfortunately, that is not my case. My attacks are more often and worst now. Perhaps, I will asked to   be tested again.

My Raynaud only affect my fingers, but sometimes  I get scare like last week I had a hard time getting one of my fingers back to normal,  it took me more than 10 minutes to get some blood back.

• Posted

Updated, I went to the Dr and asked  to be tested for H Pilory. Test came back positive. I'm currently taking the 14 day treatment.

Thank you! because of your post I found out I had the infection again. That might be why my attacks are getting worst.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.