Severe headache before and after landing on Spirit Airlines...

Posted , 5 users are following.

On a recent trip from Latrobe,Pa to Ft Lauderdale Fl, I experienced a severe headache in my head towards the sides and front and especially in the ears. This was unlike any pain I have ever felt before in my head. IT WAS HORRIBLE! Even the next day I didn't feel too well bc of this. My ears kept popping and i still had a headache, some ibuprofen helped to ease the pressure and pain a little bit. I have to fly back today and Iam going to try some spray or sudafed 45 minutes before we land. Also read about pinching my nose and blowing pressure back out the ears. I believe these airlines ascend and descend too fast. Our flight was supposed to be 2 hours and 15 minutes long and we arrived in just under 2 hours. This was only my 3rd flight and the other 2 I didn't experience this at all. I do believe I may have had a slight sinus infection bc I was dehydrated as I often am bc of my job. I just wanted to start a new discussion to see If anyone else experienced this on these airlines. And maybe any tips and tricks to try to help with this. I was reading a discussion on this site, but couldn't reply to anything bc it was years old and I figured I'd start a new discussion that maybe able to help other. Thanks and safe travels!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I live in the Appalachians and it’s about 3000 feet and coming from Florida at like 50 feet will def mess with your head. Airline headaches are very common. I live in 3000 altitude and am now visiting Colorado at 9000 and my head has been a wreck since
  • Posted

Hi, did the plane have free lnternet
    • Posted

What the heck does free internet have to do with the question in this discussion 
    • Posted

are we not allowed on this site to discuss the very fact that 10% of the population suffer from Electromagnetic Hypersensitivity which if you do your homework you will find that this is the case. I have suffered from this since 1999 and have done 20 years of research on this, have you done any. I flew to South Africa last year, and when I booked I did not realise there was internet on board. I suffered a squealing headache for the whole of the 12 hour flight. After leaving the plane at Cape Town my headache stopped. I was booked with the same airline for the return flight and was not looking forward to it, and I was right to be because the same headache returned for the whole of the flight and it went away when I left the plane. Maybe this explains what heck means. All I am trying to do is help the poor lady, which I thought this site was here to do. I was trying to make a suggestion to her a possible cause and to think about it, and make her own mind up. Just think about it over 300 cell phones all using wI FI all concealed in an aluminum cage .

• Posted

I also had this issue flying into FT Lauderdale! I thought I was crazy, but it happened on the trip from New Orleans AND the return trip home. I've asked others who swear by spirit who claim they've never encountered this problem.

I am flying Spirit again to Orlando in a few months and was wondering if you ever discovered anything that may have helped or eased the pain? I am in the Air Force, have flown in many air planes, civilian and military, and have never had a reaction like that one trip. Thanks!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.