severe leg cramps

Posted , 7 users are following.

I have suffered from leg cramps my entire life lower leg cramps are no problem I have a trick that alway's works .however I am ready to lose my mind for my entire leg from my toes going up the front of my leg ending in my inner thigh.My inner thigh cramp is so intensely painful that it also goes to the other leg so now i'm with 1 entire leg in a massive cramp and 2 inner thigh's that are so tight and twisted that I actually scream for my husband bloody murder The pain is so intense he has no idea what to do to help me I can't stand because of the cramps in my inner thighs my toes go straight up so my foot looks like the letter L and my husband has never suffered from a cramp so he has no idea what this feels like and my screaming is a little to much..last night I suffered all night! all night even when I woke up from my 3 hours of sleep I streched and boom thigh cramp I drink water all day long .Whay is this happening ?its been 12 years since the thigh cramps started my doctor says there's nothing that I can do.Someone's gotta help.

1 like, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

I presume you will have read other folks plea for someone to come forward and offer an answer in this forum on cramps? We all seem to cope with lower leg cramps but it is the thigh cramp that is just so intense it makes my eyes water just thinking about it! Unfortunately if you ask a doctor their eyes just glaze over! I fly at the end of this week on a long haul flight and I am already dreading it happening - I just know it will - and that is with doing all what I should do like just drink water  - walk often  - at least once an hour - move my feet up and down  - wear my flight socks! I do know it will definitely happen if I haven't drunk enough water! I wish someone would come forward and suggest an answer - I wish there was a certain pill you could take the minite it happens which will stop it instantly! Hope you find an answer! 
  • Posted

I'm in the USA and have asked different doctors that I see about the cramps. Just like rubytuesday, the doctors just stare at me. They have nooooooo idea. Almost every night I have  foot and leg cramps, at times I can't even get  out of bed , because I can't stand up...my legs just won't hold me up. 
  • Posted

BUY A BOTTLE OF OVER THE CALCIUM MAGNESIUM PILLS ( I buy Jameison} AND TAKE ONE PILL EVERY 4  OR 5 DAYS . This has worked for me for the past  8 or 9 years  when nothing else helped!!

It also works for lower leg cramps as well.

good luck  let me know how you make out

tom

• Posted

Hi there, can you tell me where you get these tablets.  The Dr has given me quinine tabs but I don't think they agree with me and I would like an alternative that works.  I am so fed up with this terrible pain in my legs which wakes me up several times in the night.
  • Posted

well an ex-GF of mine used to deal with same problems ..she would have pain that went from her toes to inner thighs up to her vagina.  try drinking some seltzer on regular basis and uping  the potassium that might help.  If not do like I did for my old GF and rub that special spot between your thighs...lol should make you forget that pain altogether!!! LOL J/k
  • Posted

I apologize hope I didn't offend you with my commentbiggrin
    • Posted

No not at all. I just am old fashion I guess when it comes to the internet I have no social media what so ever I have this one email address and the web site for some reason went to my junk folder. Thanks for ur advice u had another bad night last night it's Klingon me.
  • Posted

Every so often, I have had HORRIBLE thigh cramps for the last 2 years.. Yes, screaming pain.. on occasion shooting pain up the back.  I have had great success with a wet (wrung out) hand towel, in the microwave for 1-1/2 to 2 minutes or VERY HOT to the touch, put it in a plastic zip lock bag, squeeze all air out, and apply to the HORRIBLE pain area.  It must be as hot as you can possibly stand..use pressure... it should work quickly..but stay still for about 10 minutes.  I hope this helps for you all.. they are miserable pains..totally debilitating!  I have told my chiropractor about the pain and he suggested Tonic Water.. but what I have read, it seems that 200mg - 300 mg is needed. and in an 8 oz glass there might e 20mg.. there also might be health problems with certain meds, so check with doc/pharmacy first.  I just started the Tonic Water yesterday.. 1/2 water  1/2 Tonic Water.. going to give it a try and see if it works...  I regularly drink LOTS of water through the day, so no one can for sure say what I am lacking or have too much of..  any suggestions will be helpful..   I hope this helps all with the pain problem in the upper thigh.. I have also had it in both legs from toe to croch at the same time.. THAT was NOT PRETTY!! and I was at the car race track.. quite embarrassing!  Good luck to all.. 
  • Posted

Bianca: these tablets are available (over the counter) in any drugstore. Just ask the druggist for

Cacium Magnesium pills

regards

tom

• Posted

Many thanks for replying so promptly. I don't want to be a nuisance but I have been taking Manesium with vitamin B6 for years without any relief.  Would your tablets be different do you think?
  • Posted

Bianca: The tablets i have are Calcium Magnesium + vitamin D3

-information on the bottle is shown below:

Elemental calcium ----333mg

magnesium-------------167 mg

vitamin D3(cholecallciferol---- 5mcg/200iu

• Posted

Many thanks, will try it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.