Severe rash after surgery

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi can anyone help or advise me. I had my sleeve 10 days ago in Turkey which went successfully. About 4 days ago I had a rash start on my thighs, it then progressed on to my stomach, back and arms. The surgeon I used said its likely a reaction to the antibiotics so I stopped them 3 days ago.

The rash is still everywhere and the patches that started first have now calmed right down. I don't feel unwell at all but am just concerned if it's something more than an allergic reaction. Has anyone else experienced this?

I did speak to a UK doctor who told me to go to A and E at hospital. I went there and saw someone I know who had been there 5 hours and was still waiting to be seen. I didn't want to take up resources from other really sick people so just left. I thought I would monitor from home and see how it goes but its still very itchy. I would like to hear from anyone who has experienced the same issue.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.