Severe thigh pain 6mos post op hip revision surgery

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had my 1st hip replacement surgery in Sept 2015, it failed within 6 mons,for device failure. I had to wait a long painful and stressful year for a revision surgery. I am now 6 mon post op and have gone back to work for at least 5 weeks , I am Radiologic Tech , so i stand long hours and left and push patients on dailey basis and work in the OR as well. I am have severe mid thigh pain which hurts very bad , atleast an "8" on pAIN level.

I have a pretty good pain tolerence but this is a bit much.I also would like to know if anyone had a Depuy Corail stem and if it failed.  I would also like to know if anyone requested their implant to be preserved for possible litagation case ,and was told explant got thrown away in regular trash.

I was told i had stryker hip, but just recently found out that a depuy was put back in , after us asking dozens of times of depuy rep was in my room, we had everyone from admit, and MD saying that the letter my attorney sent just got misfiled and the nurse of presents cases on Friday for the following week just forgot to mention it and thought it was funny. Beyond upset. Anyone else had anything like this happen

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Susan

If the pain is bad and you are worried, then you should go back to the doctor or suon. If it is nothing to worry about, they will tell you. But you don't want to just "wait and see" if you arein  lot of pain.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.