sex straight after an outbreak

Posted , 5 users are following.

So i just had my First outbreak of HSV-1 on my genitals for 2 weeks now and since yesterday there is nothing there all gone but slight itching but i think the itching is due to hair since i normally shave and it's grown back.

I was wondering if it's okay to have sex straight after symptoms are gone ?

My boyfriend knows i have herpes and he doesn't care about getting it.

Im a tiny bit scared to have another outbreak...

Thank you x

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Ellie, its a bit irresponsible of your boyfriend saying he doesn't care if he gets it! How about him giving it back to you!

Or if you should part company, him giving it to someone else!

Why not just use protection, do you really just want to keep reinfecting each other?

Sorry I'm so blunt but you're talking about your health!

• Posted

You can not give it back to the other person if you are both infected with HSV-1....

If you have it you have it...it's ur body that decides if you are to have an outbreak....not the other person....

(He is a carrier)

And i meant that he will still be with me even if i have HSV-1 he doesn't care. He still wants to be with me no matter what besides he's the one who gave it to me and he didn't even know he had it.

He's educated on the subject...he knows to tell the other person (if we are to part) he knows what to do and not to do.

My health is perfectly fine thank you. I take care of myself unlike a lot of people.

I eat healthy, i workout 3 days a week, i get enough sleep, etc

Please do not call my boyfriend irresponsible and judge when you don't know him or me.

I asked for advice not for you to tell me that he's irresponsible.

Thank you very much x

• Posted

The only way you will find out if sex is a trigger is by going for it! But to reduce your chances use a lube and if I may say so, take it easy if you know what I mean! It's the friction that is believed to be the cause

There's many study's to say that sex actually boosts your immune system.

Your boyfriend may not full understand the implications of the disease so you should take it upon yourself to make the necessary precautions

• Posted

Hopefully it doesn't do me too! I'm not through my out break but I'm worried it might. You gave me a little hope!
  • Posted

Hi don't ask for peoples advice if you don't want a few negative comments, no I don't know you or your boyfriend and you don't know me either! People have opinions on sexual health and safety and if some people were more responsible these infections wouldn't be so rife! Safe sex at all times without it we may as well go back to the middle ages and spread it everywhere, sorry you don't like my comment but that's my opinion, if you'd taken precautions you wouldn't be on here asking just for comments you like!
    • Posted

I understand the point you're attempting to make here, but I take offense to your suggestion at the end of your post that if she had taken precautions she wouldn't need to ask these questions. Why are you on a herpes forum if you intend to shame and belittle the people who are seeking help?

I was recently diagnosed with HSV-1 on my genitals and both my long-term monogamous boyfriend and I had been tested. We did everything we were supposed to do and I had an outbreak anyways. It happens. Sometimes people aren't as safe and it happens that way too. We are all human. This should be a safe environment where people should feel free of judgement.

Take a little more care before you speak.

• Posted

I'm sorry you take offence at my comment, but in no way am I intending to belittle or shame anyone!!

This is a forum where you can air your comments, views or suggestions about any problem! Not just herpes I can advise, comment or give my view on different subjects as is my right, I am careful before I speak! It's my view and you have yours!

I have lived a long time on this planet and feel I have experience and the right of free speech!

• Posted

From the advice I have read from the herpes virus association, you should avoid sex when you feel an outbreak coming on, and for a little while after it has gone as even without sores your skin may be shedding the virus.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.