shadow on the lung

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi, really lookin for reassurance rolleyes, it started with a pain round my left lung/rib area into my back up my shoulder and down my arm, i knew i had'nt hurt myself, then i was getting short of breath. My head started to feel strange like sharp pains now and again and feeling heavy and wierd and my eyesight was going funny rolleyes. I headed upto the hospital who done chest Xrays, The Dr said my ribs seemed inflamed (Costochondritis) but was nothing to worry about and sent me home. I then got a letter from my GP to go and see her about the chest Xray results. When the raidiographer looked at my Xray he seen a shadow and advised antibiotics which i have been on for 4days and feel no better. I have recieved my app for another chest Xray next week and am really anxious and worried that this is worse than Costochondritis :'(... would they know if it was lung cancer from the Xray? im at my wits end with worry sad

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Zena

Try not to worry, I know thats difficult.

If they thought it was cancer, they would not of given you antibiotics.

Antibiotics can take a week to start working as it is an accumlitive tablet, meaning, the body stores more of the drug each day it is used. More than likely, your next X-Ray is to see whether the drugs have worked.

Let us know how you get on

Kevbiggrin

• Posted

Thank You Kev for your reasurance smile i really appriciate it and hope all will be ok  and i will let you know my outcome smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.